Vertical Hydroponics explained
While the demand for high quality fresh produce and organic produce grows on a global scale the world we inhabit is
experiencing changing weather conditions and diminishing agricultural resources continually reducing our ability to keep pace with demand as our population continues to grow.
Global population is estimated to increase to 7.5 billion by 2020
and 9 Billion by 2050. In the United States alone a staggering 10,000 hectares of agricultural land is lost to development and land contamination each year.
Changing weather patterns have made it difficult for our traditional vegetable farmers to grow their produce as seasons become unpredictable having to endure extended periods of drought, followed by high rainfall resulting in severe crop damage and elevated pest and disease.
Vertical Hydroponics technologies
Vertical Hydroponics ™
is developing a technology based agricultural system incorporating
- System Design - Off the shelf components will make our vertical system the most cost effective, and easy to maintain design available to date on the market.
- Agronomic Research & Experience – See www.letusgrow.com.au
- Pilot Testing – The pilot farm results will be used to substantiate marketing strategies.
- Growing of produce in a micro climate which reduces the impact of adverse weather associated with climate change.
- Sustainable Crop Research
- CO2 Emission reduction systems – Through the incorporation of CO2 injection into our pilot greenhouse system we can collect research data which will provide the basis for implementation of the CO2 reduction model.
Vertical Hydroponics ™ is focused on the development of a hydroponic system that eliminates all the hurdles experienced by vertical systems previously available to the market
Commercial Viability is attained through:
- Utilization of easily sourced off the shelf components . This results in a system with a market price at least 50% lower than competitors while yields are retained.
- Crop Production increases by a factor of at least 5 in the same area.
- Reduced Costs
- On going maintenance is reduced along with requirement for specialized service
- Option of mechanized production systems including harvesting and sowing.
- Minimal Footprint
- As mentioned above, with a footprint requiring less than 20% of traditional
hydroponic NFT style systems, a grower could increase yields by 100% by
converting only 20% of his existing operation to Vertical Hydroponics ™
- Subdivide and realize significant land value while retaining existing production
levels. In countries such as Japan and Singapore, agricultural land can exceed
$2 million per acre.
- In excess of 500% increase in production by 100% conversion to Vertical